Thursday, June 5, 2014

MinsGame - Get Rid of Your Excess Stuff!


While I was having lunch with one of my good friends last week, she told me she found a really interesting webpage where people were talking about a minimalist lifestyle. I checked the minimalists also and found they were making some very good points. The more I read, the more attracted I got to the idea. Some of you might remember the post about my night stand.

I can see a lot of beauty in simplicity and empty spaces. I have always tended towards minimalism, but of course at the same time I still have the tendency to hoard things. Many times I keep things in a drawer or cupboard and never take a look if I really need them. Sounds familiar? Like most of us I also have my fits when I go through my stuff and throw out a lot of things I don't need. Usually this is a radical and tiring whole day event. But what about doing it slowly, making a habit of looking at things this way? The MinsGame provokes you to do that. Every day, you have to throw out or give away a number of things equal to the date of the month: one item on the first, two items on the second and so on. You can also challenge your friends. I decided to start this game with my hair stylist and blogger friend, Bella. Me message each other almost every day and send the picture of the things we got rid of that day.

I post the stuff I am getting rid of on my Twitter every morning around 7 o'clock CET. I think it is a good way to start the day. There is a whole community there playing the #MinsGame. It's really fun to see how others progress and to encourage each other.This week is still going smooth, but I will for sure need some inspiration and determination to keep it up until the end of the month!

Do you think this game is fun? Would you join? Let me know in a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to read my blog and that you are considering to comment. I make sure to read and reply to each and every comment you leave! ^.^y

The Voice of Aikido

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

MailChimp

 up to 63% off, cubot p5/GT72/GT99, get 8GB  TF card for free
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More